HealthLatest

19-year-old dies after eating shawarma, hospitals unable to save him

Police in Mumbai have arrested two vendors in connection with the demise of a 19-year-old individual after consuming ‘chicken shawarma’ purchased from their stall. Identified as Prathamesh Bhokse, the victim acquired the food item from the accused vendors situated in the Trombay area on May 3.

On May 4, Bhokse experienced severe abdominal pain and vomiting, prompting him to seek medical attention at a nearby municipal hospital. Despite initial treatment, his condition worsened, leading his family to rush him to the KEM Hospital on May 5.

Although initially discharged after treatment, Bhokse’s health deteriorated further, prompting another hospital visit the following day, where he was admitted for observation.

Subsequently, the hospital authorities notified the police, resulting in the registration of a First Information Report (FIR) against unidentified individuals under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), including endangering life or personal safety and the sale of harmful food or drink.

Tragically, Bhokse succumbed to his condition on Monday. Following investigations, authorities arrested the two vendors, Anand Kamble and Ahmed Sheikh, charging them under various IPC sections, including culpable homicide not amounting to murder.

Read More: How to identify injected watermelons to avoid health risks

Related Articles

Back to top button